Sunday, June 30, 2013

Liebster Blog Award!

I am back from my sisters bachelorette party!

I have been so busy, and I know I have been such a bad blogger, but I will try to be better! But, lets be honest, this time of the year is so busy for everyone! (Where did june go?)

I have been nominated for the Liebster Blog Award from two different blogs! Thank you both! If you don't already follow them, go check them out! One is Adventures With Shyloh, which is about a girl and her adorable haflinger that has way more attitude than I've ever seen in such a small horse! The other blog is Nuzzling Muzzles, who is a blogger that lives with her three super araby arabs, and her new quarter horse Rock! (Congrats on him!) She's really good about documenting HOW she is training her horses, so especially follow her for training tips!


HOW TO ACCEPT THE AWARD: The Liebster Blog Award is a way to recognize blogs who have less than 200 followers.  Liebster is a German word that means beloved and valued.  Here are the rules for accepting the award:
  1. Thank the person who nominated you and include a link back to their blog.
  2. List 11 random facts about yourself.
  3. Answer the 11 questions given to you.
  4. Create 11 questions for the bloggers you nominate.
  5. Choose 11 bloggers with 200 or fewer followers to nominate and include links to their blogs.
  6. Go to each blogger's page and let them know you have nominated them.
Here are my random facts :

1. I have always lived in California (I am the first one in my family born in california) but my heart and home is in the lowcountry.
2. I don't watch much tv, but I watch tv series on netflix and hulu on my computer in my room. 
3. I LOVE to read! I read all the time!
4. I am totally a hoarder.  And that makes me so upset! I recently went through my room and got ruthless, I threw away SO MUCH STUFF.  It's hard for me to throw away stupid things that I am sentimental about, but you can't keep everything! 
5. I am a really good baker.  My family always asks me to bake things.  However, I don't necessarily eat all the things I bake.
6. My brother in law wants me to go to culinary school.  I am a super picky eater, but he claims I have a perfect palate, since I can describe the tastes in things better than anyone he's ever met.
7. I absolutely cannot stand blueberries.  Just the smell of them will make me gag.
8. Peppermint Pony breath is like, the best smell in the world. 
9. I love to laugh.  I love funny things.  I will rewatch series of tv shows that make me laugh.  The New Girl is one of the funniest shows ever, in my opinion.
10. I get super stressed out about the amount of miles I put on my car.  I recently received a brand new car for my birthday, and with its whole thousand miles on it, I'm already stressing out with each mile that goes by.  It's a very frustrating thing. 
11. I have SUCH a tough time managing my weight.  I yoyo and it sucks!

6 Questions from Adventures with Shyloh

1. How did you get into horses?
I got into horses because me and my boyfriend took a break for a little while.  He moved up north a little, and our relationship had a little more strain.  I needed some interests of my own, and a way to be happy with myself (you can't love someone else if you can't love and be happy with yourself!) He had someone boarding horses at his property up there and it looked like fun, so I started for myself!

2. What other animals do you have?
I have three cats.  I have had 2 of them since I was four years old. They have been indoor cats their entire lives, and I love them so much.  They definitely don't seem their age.  My other cat is younger, and we rescued him probably 8 years ago or so. He's autistic.  I know you guys are thinking that cats can't be autistic, but I guarantee you that he is!

3. How do your friends/family/significant other feel about your horse obsession (because we all know, we are obsessed)?
My family is SUPER supportive of it.  Seriously, they're amazing.  My boyfriend listens to me drone on, but isn't necessarily into it like I am.  Obviously he's supportive, but I just wish he actually took lessons and learned to ride like I did/do.  I think he would like to, but doesn't know where to start and it's such an expensive hobby!

4. What is your favorite non horsey thing to do?
This is tough.  Horses ARE my hobby.  Other than that, I like to read and go to the lake, lay in the sun etc.  Does anyone else have non horsey hobbies?

5. What is the weirdest thing you ever tried to feed your horse? Did your horse like it?
I fed Pony mango, papaya and banana.  I guess none of these things are exactly crazy, but she hated the banana. It got stuck on her tongue and she freaked out.   She liked the mango but LOVED the papaya.

6. What is one thing with horses that you would like to try that you have not done?
Vaulting or trick riding.  I guess bareback riding is on the way to that, but it would be fun to learn how to do some trick riding things.  

6 Questions from Nuzzling Muzzles

1. Why do you blog?
Good one! I started a blog because I wanted to record what I find when working with my horses and share it with other people! What I didn't realize was how much I would learn from other bloggers along the way!

2. What problem do you have that keeps coming back to haunt you?
I keep having this problem of not having any career path! I need to figure out what I want to do and make it happen!

3. How do you deal with annoying people?
I try my hardest not to be mean to anyone.  But, at the same time, I find it to be REALLY important not to be two faced.  For example, if someone irritates me or annoys me, I'm not going to be mean to them, I will be kind, but at the same time, I'm not going to pretend like they're my best friend and then tell people I don't like them behind their backs.  So, if your annoying, I will be kind, but also distance myself from you.

4. Go without television or your cell phone for a week?
I think I could easier go without television for a week.  However, I think I would enjoy going out without my cell phone for a week.  It would feel liberating!

5. What do I do to relax?
See my pony of course!

6. Who is my hero and why?
My mother of course! She has been the most amazing person I have ever met.  She has done so much for her kids, and we mean the world to her.  

11 Questions that my bloggers can answer 
1. What is your biggest accomplishment with horses?
2. Do you have any hobbies apart from horses that you love?
3. What is your ultimate goal that you are working towards with your horses?
4. What is your favorite tv show?
5. What kind of music do you listen to?
6. What is your personal love story? (With a husband/boyfriend/ex? If you don't want to go that deep, with a hobby? Or more obviously, with horses?)
7. What is your favorite love story? (Movie, books, etc?)
8. What is the most important thing to you when looking at a horse boarding facility? (Obviously our horses care is the first and foremost thing.  So lets skip that one and be really picky and selfish. So basically what is your favorite thing at your barn that you couldn't live without, or the thing you most wish you had. Lighted arena? Indoor Arena? Covered tack area? Trail access?)
9. What is the most lavish thing you have ever had at a barn? Or, considering a lot of us board at something that is awesome for the horse and not so awesome for us, what do you wish you had in your wildest barn dream? (Air conditioned riders lounge? Heated tack area? Showers and lockers for riders? Couches?)
10. I think my questions have been pretty awesome, but I'm seriously running out of steam.  Did you guys like my questions?
11.  Who is your hero and why?

11 Blogs that I want to nominate!

There were a LOT of blogs that I love and read that have already been nominated and done their post! Also, I suck at the 11 theme....so what, more love to go around! Also, I didn't really check to see how many followers a lot of you have....but there again, more love to go around! 

5 comments:

  1. Thanks Marissa, I will try to get those answered today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, I am getting to them, I actually was nominated a year or so ago for this award but I think it was a little different. i love reading all the answers to these questions, feels like I know everyone a little bit better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah! I tried to make questions that I would be interested in hearing from other people, mainly things we wouldn't otherwise talk about on our blogs!

      Delete
  3. Sorry I haven't gotten to this yet. Thank you though. I'll get to it next week when I get home. :-)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!