Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Not too much going on around here

I have been so terrible at posting lately!

But it is definitely not for lack of riding.  I have been riding nearly every day! My boss is having a second child, and she is VERY pregnant.  So, my work schedule has been pretty funky.

However, in the horsie world, I just don't have many exciting stories to tell! It's funny, because I wouldn't even use the term 'crazy pony' to describe Pony anymore...which is a pretty natural progression of riding a very forward horse.  They really calm down a lot when they get to know you!

I do have some exciting news though!  Every year there is a spring stampede near us.  There is a big english/western show.  Theres sorting, and roping and a gymkhana.  Theres a trail event, theres a wine ride.  They have everything! Last year I took Kadin, and it was so much fun !

(Kadin is one of the first horses I rode regularly and bonded with.  I honestly loved him to death.  When I first started riding him, he was new to my trainer and really hot and high headed.   He's such a deadbroke lesson horse now! I was so happy to have worked with him and helped settle him down when he was hot though, he is the sweetest horse in the world.  He's the one in my header.  Unfortunately, he has a job as a lesson horse now, and I sadly outgrew him a little bit.)

I was talking to my trainer about how it would be fun to go to the gymkhana and have a horse that you could actually ask to go fast, rather than constantly asking to slow down, and she offered Kadin! I'm so excited!

So, I am going to ride him a few times in the next month or so, and take him to the Spring Stampede gymkhana on the last weekend in April.

I'm not sure if this will work, but I want to post a video of us from spring stampede last year.

At this point, I had been riding about six months, and we were such a mess!! It's so funny! But we got through it, (and seriously, watch all the way to the end...I ate sand hard!)  It's going to be so interesting to see how much I have improved as a rider to be riding him again, for the first time in a long time.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10150861864301757&set=vb.601116756&type=3&theater

I would like to share another video, because this shows how much I improved in my riding in just a few months.  This video is from last July.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10151112612511757&set=vb.601116756&type=3&theater

Also, I will be hosting Cindy's book giveaway in the next week....Keep posted :)

5 comments:

  1. I can't watch the video's right now, but This sounds very exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like fun!
    And I see a huge improvement between the first and the second video. In the second, you look much more relaxed and comfortable. Great job on your riding skills!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm so excited to see a video from this year and have something else to compare it to!

      Delete
  3. Both those horses in the two videos seem completely different in their handling. It looks like you were having fun on both rides. That trip at the end was shocking. I reacted the same way as the camera woman.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's SO true about their handling, and I love that you could tell! Kadin (the arab) has weirdly smooth but choppy gaits. I could never quite figure him out as well as I have other horses (my seat with him, I communicated with him phenomenally).

      It really is shocking! It makes me laugh so hard, every time though! Usually you can kind of see falls coming, but it was so sudden, and I think it surprised kadin as much as it surprised me!

      Delete

I love comments!