Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Bareback wins

Last night goes down in history of one of the best rides of my life.  Seriously!

I rode Kadin bareback (I also rode pony, but she is still a little off in that left hind, the swelling is going down but shes still stiff/sore)

My friend is coming out to the ranch this week to take pictures of horses, and me riding horses etc.  I'm going to have two outfits, a cowgirl outfit and a cute light airy sundress.  I would LOVE to have a picture of me loping bareback and barefoot through a pasture.  Wouldn't that just be wonderful? So, obviously that doesn't seem attainable on Pony at this time.  We could do it, we would survive, but I think it would be bad for our relationship and me just kind of hanging on.  As much as I want a picture like that, I'm not willing to put aside me and my horses training for a picture!

So my trainer said that I should do it with Kadin.  He has a wither like a shark fin.  It's ridiculous.  Plus, I have never loped him bareback! So, I jumped on and did it! I used bareback pads (a big ugly fleece one, and an ugly blue one.) and we loped and loped and loped and loped! It was so much fun! I would partially lose my balance, but he just kept trucking so I was able to fix it without having to stop and start over.  (Pony stops when I lose my balance, but with her, I REALLY appreciate it.)

I had total control over where I was going, and I felt SO GOOD ON HIM! It was SO awesome! I was so happy!

Kadin is still not a 'good bareback horse' so now I understand why its easy for some people. Horses really make a HUGE difference!!

So, it is still to be seen if I can do it without the pads, but we shall see!!

Here are the geriatric arabs.  Kadin is the one furthest back, directly in the middle.  Aren't they adorable!!

Hello wither! This picture actually doesn't make it look that bad, probably since his head is up.  Plus, hes lost a little top line since this was taken.  He might look a little sway backed, but its mostly his wither! Its ridiculous!

4 comments:

  1. I had to really look at that first picture. It almost looks like you took a bunch of different poses of Kadin and pasted them into the paddock.

    It is very hard to ride bareback on a bony backed horse. When we were kids and riding bareback all the time, my horse was nice and comfy, but my friends horse had tall withers. How she stayed on with as fast as we went, I'll never know.

    Can't wait to see the pictures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahaha, thats so funny, it definitely does look like the same horse over and over again!

      It's definitely tough to go get him. I have to get pretty close to find him, from a distance its hard to tell! I went to three different ones before I caught the right one last time! If you walk up to one and they walk away, its probably not Kadin though! That I have figured out!

      Delete
  2. I have never loped bareback either, good for you! I cant wait to see the picture. I love all those old grey horses, they are so cute all together :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They really are adorable! I guess 5 of them are related in some way, and the youngest is like 24 or 25!

      Delete

I love comments!