Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Chats on the Farmhouse Porch 81






Questions
  1. What's your favorite fruit?
  2. Wendell would like to know if you've ever been horseback riding.
  3. Do you carry a small purse, a big one, or just a wallet?
  4. If you could travel to one state for a day (all expense paid), where would you go? If you're not in the US, where would you like to travel within your country?
  5. What was your first car?



1. I love fruit! All kinds of fruit.  I don't think I can name my single favorite fruit (mango, papaya, pineapple, apricots, strawberries, oranges, apples, blackberries, raspberries) so instead I'll tell you my least favorite fruit.  Blueberries.  I cannot stand them.  Even the smell of them makes me gag.  I don't know what it is, they are just horrendous.

2. Yes Wendell, I have! I horseback ride a lot! I have however, never ridden a draft horse.  But I have sat on a draft bareback at the draft festival! Patrice, do you ride Wendell?

3. I carry a medium sized purse. This is my purse, but in turquoise.  I love it!

4.  I travel a lot, so I don't think I can decide where I would travel if I could go to any state! I think that if I had that option, i would probably take a road trip! I'd like to see more of the southwest, something I haven't seen! I've had most of my traveling in the south and southeast!

5.  I still have my first car! Its a green 99 saturn.  My mom bought it from someone that was moving out of the state when I was 15.  It had 30 thousand miles on it (in 2007) and we got it for 3000.  Its not the most attractive car, but its perfect for me! I would like to get a new car at some point, but I don't want to pay for all of the expenses associated with a new car (not necessarily the purchase price, its the registration and insurance that I don't want to pay for!)

Have a great week everyone!

7 comments:

  1. 1.My favorite fruit is probably cherries, or Apricots.
    2.I have been horse back riding many many times. I have been a horsey girl from the beginning
    3.I carry a purse almost exactly like Marissa's
    4.I would like to go somewhere back east in the summer, like upstate New York ,or maybe more south like virgina
    5. My first car was a 1973 Mustang II Grande. Very cool looking car. Now I only drive vehicles with 4WD. I have a 2001 Dodge Diesel Pick up (factory lift) and a 2001 Jeep wrangler with a 4" lift.
    I have to say that my son has the exact same car you do, Marissa. Same color and everything!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok I have posted this three times and it has failed to post each time. Maybe this ones the charm!!

    There are so many awesome things in that comment! First, your purse!! Second, that you have a cummins! And it's pretty much the same cummins that the boyfriend is buying in a few months (he's already got it picked out, a woman he works with is selling it soon. It's a 2001 extended cab long bed cummins with rims and a teensy lift) and third, that your son has the same car! It's seriously the perfect first vehicle. It's easy to drive and gets the job done and is good on gas, but isn't necessarily fun to drive or fast so you don't get into trouble :) my truck on the other hand is fun to drive! But I do still drive it like a grandma hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do ride, but not the big, hairy thing called Wendell. I'm a bit rusty, and he's not well trained. I used to ride at a barn and they had a ClydeX. I used to ride English, so I'd jump him. It was comical. It was like jumping a tractor trailer. You needed shock absorbers to handle that landing! Wendell aspires to have a couch, so he can be a couch potato. Have a super week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a pretty purse. I say use the car until it dies and save the cash. That car may last a long time if well cared for.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love that - i still have my 1st car. i had to sell mine, miss it all the time. have a great week. ( :

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!