Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Chats on the farmhouse porch 80


Everyday Ruralty



Gosh, it's a bit cold to be sitting on the porch today, we may need to enjoy ourselves indoor today. I bet the chill doesn't bother Wendell though!

Questions:
1. Are you doing anything special for Valentine's Day?
2. When you attend something that isn't totally casual, are you likely to wear dress pants or a dress?
3. Do you use a regular toothbrush or one of the battery run kind?
4. Did you have valentines in school when you were a child?
5. If you could learn a new craft tomorrow, what would it be?

Answers:
1. Unfortunately, I am working, all day long on valentines day. However, I LOVE valentines day, I don't care if its a holiday made to profit greeting card company's, it makes me so happy! Mostly because I've grown up with a great mom that has always given me a great holiday, regardless of boys!! However, me and Bubby have a hotel reservation in Sacramento not far from old town for Saturday night, so we will be celebrating then!

2. I don't really own dress pants per say, I tend to go with dresses. If its something semi casual, I go with sun dresses!

3. I use a regular toothbrush. Actually, funnily enough, I use children's toothbrushes. My dentist let my wisdom teeth grow in, and while there is plenty of room for them, it is too little room to fit a regular toothbrush all the way to the back teeth without hurting my gums, so I use a little toothbrush!

4. Valentines was so much fun as a kid, all of the valentines we'd pass out to the class! I remember one time I sent a valentine to the boy I liked, saying he had a secret admirer. He and all the boys ganged up to find out who it was. (This was 3rd grade). Finally, my 'best friend' told him it was me. I don't think me an the crush ever spoke about it though!

5. I think it would be really cool to learn how to knit and crochet things other than scarves!! Like maybe doilies. That would be awesome!

Well, in the spirit of valentines, I think I must send Wendell some carrots, we want him to feel the love as well!

Hope everyone has a great week!

9 comments:

  1. 1. Probably not. TC doesn't really do holidays and it makes him uncomfortable if I do. We tend to be more opportunistic gifters (when we see the "right" gift, we get it just cuz). Even though he doesn't do holidays, he is a hopeless romantic and is always doing little things to show me that he loves me.
    2.When I was younger and had great legs, I never wore dress slacks and always went for dresses. Now I have a couple of pairs of dress slacks that I bust out maybe once a year.
    3. regular tooth brush
    4. I really didn't care for V-day as a child either. I was such a dorky little girl, that didn't really fit in with the rest of my class. I preferred, books, dogs and horses to people. I was't cute or pretty, I was a tomboy, and didn't even have crushes on the boys. If they couldn't ride a horse, I didn't even know their names. LOL
    5. I would like to be able to quilt, and also paint or draw. I love artwork,and wish I could create as well as buy. My mom does wonderful artwork of all different kinds, she paints, draws, makes pins, jewelry and jackets for dog show people. Then in the winter she makes custom Christmas stockings and tree skirts. It is amazing! My boys can all draw very well too. It is like the artistic gene skipped a generation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, visiting from Chats on the Porch, enjoyed my visit and enjoyed your answers! Happy Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am glad you will ahve time to get in some valentine's day fun even though you will be working that day. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My mom used to make every holiday special. I miss her so much! I like dresses and any occasion to wear them. I'm big into skirts and boots too. I have my wisdom teeth and I find that a child's brush is easier to get back there. Happy Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always made Valentine's Day special for our four daughters but, for myself personally, I'm just not into it at all. I do buy Valentine's cards for my students and I get a kick out of how excited they are about celebrating on Thursday. I think I just see every holiday as something for kids. And I enjoy making it special for them. Sounds like you're going to have a nice time!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I cracked up about your 3rd grade "Secret Admirer" valentine - how cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. have a great Valentine's day. enjoy the rest of the week. ( :

    ReplyDelete
  8. Have a great Valentine's Day. I would like to learn more crochet as well. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!