Monday, December 3, 2012

Day One Challenge

Question One : When and why you first started riding


My first ever ride was when I was a baby, I was probably only a few months old, and I have a picture to prove it! We went to Mississippi to see my family, and I have an uncle that has a cart horse, and trains horses, and I'll be damned if thats not the most wonderfully broke horse in the world.  They have a picture of me sitting up on that horse and they said they let me walk around on him a little (someone kept their hands on me the entire time, my parents weren't trying to kill me or anything!

I'll see if I can find a picture and post it.  

After that, I rode off and on throughout my childhood, never much of anything, just girl scout trail rides, trail rides in Maui, etc.  

In the fall of 2010 I thought it would be fun to take some horseback riding lessons, so I started to look into it.  However, in my area there are two large equestrian areas, Martinez and Livermore.  Martinez is way closer to me, but way more expensive and all english.  So I looked into it, decided I couldn't afford it, and didn't think about it again.

Until about a year later, when my boyfriend moved up to Vacaville (about 40 miles north, cow country).  They got a girl that began boarding her two horses at their house.  We went on a ride once, and it was fun, but the girl was a bitch basically, and not very responsible with her horses.  Around that time, me and my boyfriend went though a rough patch, and I went up to Vacaville a little less.  I decided I needed a hobby of my own.  So I looked into some lessons again, and this time discovered the awesome equestrian area of Livermore, found a trainer that was really nice, worked with me well, and had reasonable prices.  So I guess it was part jealousy over the barn bitch that boarded at my boyfriends, but I am soooo happy I got into the wonderful world of our 4 legged furry friends, no matter why I did! I don't know where I would be right now without them!

2 comments:

  1. I just said on another blog, doesn't matter how , it matters that you did it ! Congrats on your new journey! And thanks for stopping by

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello! Thanks for stopping by my blog :)
    I look forward to reading about your horse journey!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!