It's a great day for a chat on the farmhouse porch today!
Here are the questions :
1. Do you have your tree up yet? If not, when will you put it up? If you don't have a tree, please tell me about another tradition you like.
2. What was the best job you ever had? The worst?
3. Do you drive around and look at Christmas lights? If not applicable, tell me something you like to look at when you go for a drive.
4. Does your tea kettle have a whistle?
5. Do you like boots?
1. Yes I do have my tree up! Its a very rare Christmas that my family actually spends Christmas at home, so usual we dont decorate, but this year I demanded that we put up a tree. So my mom and I went and got a little 3 foot tree, some lights, a garland and whatnot to hang up around our living room. It's perfectly and easily Christmas!
2. I would say the best job I've ever had is the one I have now! I've been blessed in the job field and have generally had pretty good jobs. Even my cruddy jobs were still not terrible, and in this economy that's saying something! The job I'm at right now has great hours, great pay and a great family. The worst job was horse related. Over the summer I was accepted to be a wrangler at a dude ranch. I got there to see the living conditions terrible, the horses not being treated well, and the pretenses under which I got hired false. So I left, and decided not to put myself in the situation where lives and horses lives were possibly in danger. It was a terrible situation.
3. I love to look at lights! I think it makes it feel so Christmassy. Plus, we have a radio station that plays 24/7 Christmas music, it makes the spirit come alive!
4. My tea kettle actually does not have a whistle. Our tea kettle just pops when it's done, so you kinda just have to remember that you put water on and go make your tea.
5. I LOVE boots. All sorts of boots. Rain boots, ugg boots, cute booties, heeled boots, but most of all COWBOY boots. I wear my boots everyday, regardless of if I'm going to the barn. They just feel like part of me!